The ultimate guide to code reviews - 2018 Edition
For the anxious team leaders and VP of Engineering
See how code reviews have evolved over the last year, especially if you manage a team of software developers and are accountable for delivering the goods. This year we surveyed 263 developers to understand how code quality has developed since our last survey.
What you’ll learn:
- Why your developers aren’t as productive as you’d expect.
- What the single best way to improving code quality is, without sacrificing productivity.
- Timing your code reviews: should it be before or after deployment?
- Why your senior developers shouldn’t be the only ones to review code.
- Quality not quantity: the optimal amount of time you should spend on code reviews.
- How strict should your code reviews be?