The Ultimate Guide to Code Reviews
For the anxious team leaders and VP of Engineering
If you manage a team of software developers and are accountable for delivering the goods, this book is for you. We surveyed 682 developers to understand what worked best to maintain the highest possible level of both quality and productivity.
What you’ll learn:
- Why your developers aren’t as productive as you’d expect.
- What the single best way to improving code quality is, without sacrificing productivity.
- Timing your code reviews: should it be before or after deployment?
- Why your senior developers shouldn’t be the only ones to review code.
- Quality not quantity: the optimal amount of time you should spend on code reviews.
- How strict should your code reviews be?