Software metrics: a practical guide for the curious developer
Is the code tested? How easy is it to add or modify code without introducing bugs? How maintainable is it going to be? Is technical debt creeping up? Is there a way to automatically flag potential issues? What is the overall health of the codebase?
If you’ve ever asked yourself these questions, this book is for you.
What you’ll learn:
- The software metrics that matter and those that don’t.
- Reading and interpreting software metrics.
- How software metrics complement the developer’s qualitative judgement with quantitative input.
- How software metrics can automatically flag potential issues.
- How to identify code that needs refactoring.