New eBook: The Ultimate Guide to Code Reviews (for anxious VPs of Engineering)
TL;DR: We’ve released an ebook, free to download for all: The Ultimate Guide to Code Reviews for the anxious VPs of Engineering, based on a survey of 680+ developers.
If you manage a team of developers, you’ve probably had to cope with time pressures to deliver new features on time, while ensuring the highest code quality possible, and minimizing technical debt.
This balancing act leads inevitably to inefficiencies: on average your developers end up pending over 45% of their time fixing bugs or dealing with technical debt, instead of building new features.
Is there a way out of this?
To help you answer this question, we surveyed over 680 developers and compiled the insights in a new ebook: The Ultimate Guide to Code Reviews for the anxious VPs of Engineering.
What you’ll learn:
- Why your developers aren’t as productive as you’d expect.
- What the single best way to improving code quality is, without sacrificing productivity.
- Timing your code reviews: should it be before or after deployment?
- Why your senior developers shouldn’t be the only ones to review code.
- Quality not quantity: the optimal amount of time you should spend on code reviews.
- How strict should your code reviews be?
If you manage a team of software developers and are accountable for delivering the goods, this book is for you.